If you happen to have a bag or two of mixed frozen seafood in your freezer (mine came from Trader Joe’s), here’s a great way to turn them into an easy, delicious meal. We had it for lunch this weekend with steamed broccoli and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc – perfection! Just make sure you don’t overcook the seafood, and if you don’t have a seafood mix, this recipe should work well with just shrimp.
This is a saucy dish, best served with crusty bread for dipping in the sauce, or atop rice orcauliflower rice. Or do as we do and simply serve it with soup spoons!
- 2 lb. frozen mixed seafood (my mix had shrimp, calamari rings, and bay scallops)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Rinse the seafood, one piece at a time, in cool water to defrost and get rid of icy parts. Place on a clean kitchen towel to dry. This is the only tedious part of the recipe and is well worth it, otherwise the pieces won’t cook as well and will release too much water into the sauce.
- Place the defrosted seafood in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt and red pepper flakes. Use your clean hands to coat the seafood with the oil and seasonings.
- Heat a very large skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the seasoned seafood. Stir-fry 3-5 minutes, just until opaque and not a second longer.
- Transfer to a serving platter, spooning the sauce on top. Squeeze lemon juice on top and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.